Friday, February 25, 2011

Rhetorical Analysis Reflection

I wrote my rhetorical analysis about an article release by Issues in Science and Technology regarding the assessment of global climate change on a regional and local level rather than globally. My rhetorical analysis really evolved with each of my drafts. I thought in the beginning, I had some good ideas but they weren't pieced together very well. My sentence structures were questionable and my wording didn't convey what I was trying to say, especially regarding the tone of the paper. My conferences with Mr. Holland and with the writing center tutor helped me see the weakest areas of my paper and were extremely helpful in giving me direction. I felt that as I edited, I could better recognize where my analysis was not as strong and where I included too much summary. That was the biggest difference between my third draft and my final product. As I read over my paper, I felt like the sentences made a bit more sense and my paragraphs flowed better. I was just excited to see my paper come together as I tried to address all of the things that I learned from my conferences. My finished product finally conveyed what I really wanted to say about the article, and I even had to cut out some of my paper because it was too long. I thought this was good though, as I could get rid of some less important information to make it all more concise. I learned a lot through this process, mostly about quantity of editing and conferencing. The more the better. Overall, I think my finished product is what I wanted to produce. I put a lot of work into it.

No comments:

Post a Comment