Sunday, April 10, 2011

Reflection of the Class

I thought that this class was a really valuable one for the skills learned. I wish I would have taken this class in the beginning of my time at BYU for many reasons. The most important was that because of this class I learned a lot about the research resources we have as BYU students, as well as people who can help us do research. This would be very valuable information and a necessary tool for any student in any class. I also learned about the resources we have to help us succeed on assignments. The writing center is an awesome resource and they really helped me feel good about my final products that I turned in. That was a very good discovery that I made because of this class. I also learned about the writing process and how to write papers the right way, so I'm not stressed out the whole time. It felt good to learn a bit more about writing papers. Before I would just write them and not really have a feel of the process. I would just pound them out. This will definitely help me to be a better writer in the future. I also learned the value of letting other people read your paper. Not just the writing center, but peers. It is also great to read them out loud and get a feel for the tone and sentence structure. I really enjoyed the rhetorical analysis portion of this course and have used is already in other papers.

No comments:

Post a Comment