Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Intro

This is my introduction to the world of blogging, so bear with me. Last semester in my biology class, I had a particularly good teacher who helped inspire me and made me think about how I live and the consequences of my actions pertaining to the state of our planet in 50 years when it will be inhabited by our grandkids. I understand that my opinion may be a bit biased and one sided as it is largely based on one source, but I really think that we humans need to reflect and perhaps change some of the ways we treat the earth. My biology teacher was so passionate about this subject that I think it necessary for me to learn more about my responsibilities and stewardship as a member of the human race. Our actions need to show how grateful we are for our planet. I am not expert on the subject, but I figured this would be a good way for me to find out more and get some information on something I am interested in, all while fulfilling an assignment. I want to explore the facts about greenhouse gases, deforestation, global warming and its real risks (or lack thereof), and any other interesting things I may find in my research about how we are currently taking care of our planet. My title and URL may seem a bit too environmental, but really the title came from a Jack Johnson song that I find particularly catchy, and it fits my topic. The two were a perfect match. Hopefully I can convey my true feelings and gain a non-biased opinion on this subject and help other people form their own opinions, which may lead to actions and changes in the way people live their lives.

2 comments:

  1. I support you in your pursuit of more information on globalization and its effects on the planet. We truly are stewards on this planet and if we continue to let profits drive our destruction of our earthly home our children and grandchildren will most definitely pay the consequences. We created the problem we can create a solution and continue living comfortable lives with alternate ways of living and cleaner energy sources. Also I like your URL TREE HUGGERS ROCK!!! Good luck and I look forward to future blogs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with you that the world really needs to start looking out for nature before it's too far gone and irreparable. Mankind has been on this earth for thousands of years and we will continue to live here for who know how long. The earth is actually at risk from the problems you mentioned, deforestation and global warming. People are partly ignoring how much an impact those will actually have if now now, then in the near future and for generations to come. I'm looking forward to your future posts and I'm sure I'll learn something from them.

    ReplyDelete